Tuesday 26 March 2013

The Arrival: Tamasha UK

Illustration for The Arrival satge production by Jane Laurie

A stage adaptation of my graphic novel The Arrival produced by Tamasha in collaboration with Circus Space recently opened in the UK to critical acclaim. Directed by Kristine Landon -Smith and written by Sita Brahmachar, The Arrival tells the story of one man's journey to a distant metropolis through a weaving together of theatre, circus and music, a production that has been in development since 2008 and is a highly inventive reinterpretation of my book's original themes. Tour venues include Southhampton, Coventry, Newcastle and London, from late March to mid-April. For more information, images and reviews, visit Tamasha.

6 comments:

  1. Looks amazing. I wish I could see it.
    Though I am afraid that the magic of the book cannot be moved to a stage. Even adding a text, which causes barrier to immigrants is not avoided in the play. Pity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shaun Tan, i like your work, i am from Argentina. Do you have an e-mail to contact you? My work is in my blog www.laguirreta.blogspot.com so you can know me.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shaun,
    Thanks so much for letting me interrupt your coffee to take a photo with me. I am a teacher in WA (in Melbourne for the school holidays) and I have based many of my teaching programs around your beautiful books.Thanks again!

    Samantha Marshall

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw 'The Arrival' on stage in Launceston a few years back. I didn't know anything about who this Shaun Tan fellow was, but I went with some creative friends, and now I love Tan-world. Mintox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A short film by Andrea Milde about the Tamasha production of The Arrival is now available online at

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AzSknUW4SYw#t=417.

    The film goes behind the scenes, following how director Kristine Landon-Smith works with the actors/circus performers during rehearsals.

    Andrea Milde: http://www.linguistics-in-drama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Arrival'-inspired haiku :-)
    https://twitter.com/cuyocksol/status/699918074837864448

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.